Camp Scugog is committed to providing the safest possible experience for campers, families, and staff. To this end the Camp Scugog team continues to develop COVID-19 protocol based on Public Health recommendations, guidelines from our local health unit, advice from the Ontario Camps Association, and the advice of health experts and medical professionals. To keep all members of our camp community safe, Camp Scugog has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to staff, volunteers, visitors and all campers.
Vaccination Policy Summary:
- As of April 6, 2022, Camp Scugog requires that all participants 5 years of age and older to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of enrollment, unless a medical exemption is granted and approved by Camp Scugog.
- Participants under the age of 5 will not be required to be vaccinated until such a time as vaccinations are approved and widely available for this age group.
- All participants will have to provide Camp Scugog with a copy of their official proof of COVID-19 vaccination certificate or other government-issued paperwork that confirms their vaccination status.
- In order to be considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19, participants must have received two doses of Health Canada approved vaccines, at least 14 days before arrival at Camp Scugog. Click here for the most recent guidance from the Ontario Government.
- Any individual wishing to apply for a medical exemption or religious grounds recognized by the applicable Provincial Human Rights Code can request an accommodation. Camp Scugog must receive this application at the time of registration.
For questions concerning the COVID-19 vaccination policy please contact Dana Leahey, Camp Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.