Camp Scugog Camper Privacy Statement
For Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Privacy of the camper's personal information is of utmost importance to us and an integral part of providing quality care. It is our policy to collect, use and disclose the camper's personal information responsibly. All Staff/Board members who come in contact the camper's personal information are aware of the sensitive nature of the information that you have disclosed to us and are well trained in the appropriate uses and protection of the camper's information.
Camp Scugog will ensure that:
- Only necessary information is collected about the camper;
- We only share the camper's information with your consent;
- Storage, retention and destruction of the camper's personal information complies with existing legislation, and privacy protocols;
- Our privacy protocols comply with privacy legislation, standards of our regulatory body and law.
How Camp Scugog Collects, Uses and Discloses Camper Personal Information
Camp Scugog understands the importance of protecting the campers personal information. This camp will collect, use and disclose information about the camper for the following purposes:
- To deliver safe and efficient high quality camper care and services;
- To assist and service the camper's health needs ie: dispense prescribed medications, first-aid treatment, hospital care;
- To enable us to contact and maintain communication with you to confirm registration, follow up on any camper concerns we may have prior to, during or after the registered session, and to distribute mailing the following summer;
- To communicate with appropriate emergency contacts, sponsoring agency contacts, doctors, or legal authorities;
- To invoice for any medication prescribed while at camp;
- To collect outstanding fees;
- To provide receipts for fee payment and services when requested;
- To comply generally with the law;
- All unneccssary information entered on computer will be deleted at the Camp Scugog fiscal year end, October 31st aiter the camper's registered year.
By signing the Authorization section on the registration form, you have agreed that you have given your informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of the camper's personal information for the purposes that are listed. If a new purpose arises for the use and/or disclosure of the camper's personal information, we will seek your approval in advance.
You may withdraw your consent for use and disclosure of the camper's personal information at any time. The ramifications and process of your decision will be explained at that time. If you do not wish to receive future camper mailings please contact the registrar at 905-837-0648.
For more general inquiries, the Information & Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees the administration of privacy legislation in the private sector and can be reached at:
112 Kent Street