Camp Scugog Training and Feedback Policies for
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
Camp Scugog will ensure that all staff receive training in regards to the provision of camp services to persons with disabilities.
The training will be conducted during pre-camp staff training. It will include the following:
- A review of the purpose of the AODA.
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disability.
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a guide dog or other service animal or the assistance of a support person.
- How to use equipment or devices available at camp that will help a person with a disability participate in camp life.
- What to do if a person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty accessing camp services.
Records will be kept on the date/s training occurred and who received the training.
Camp Scugog welcomes feedback on the manner in which it provides its services to persons with disabilities.
Camp Scugog regularly evaluates the level of service being offered to its guests. The most effective evaluation tool is the feedback received from guests and visitors. The appropriate staff will review all comments and feedback and steps will be taken to determine the best way to address any issues bought forward in a timely fashion. Comments, questions and feedback can be provided by email, by telephone, in person or in writing, using the following contact information:
Nestleton, Ontario L0B 1L0